Dr. Calvin Lee, Modesto Surgeon on live TV talking about Vein care in May 2007.
Major surgery isn't needed to get rid of varicose veins
- Minor, minimally invasive surgeries are the future. In fact, some
consider these nonsurgical procedures. It's just a matter of subtle
definition differences. Regardless, the procedures offered at our
center are minimally invasive and the recovery is quick.
- Medical lasers used at Surgical Artistry Vein Center offers an
alternative to "vein stripping."
- If you've been having pain and discomfort from varicose veins / spider
veins, we have new solutions for you.
How is laser different from surgery?
- For lasers: no general anesthesia needed
- Less pain.
- Faster recovery
- A small laser fiber is inserted into the veins with problems (ie.
- Stiches are most likely not even required.
- You will be walking as soon as the procedure is over.
- Risk of infection is much much lower.
How does laser fix varicose veins?
- Going to the source of the problem: the incompetent vein is closed
with laser, while your body automatically re-routes the blood through
Tell me more about the procedure if endovenous ablation laser.
- It takes about 1 hour in the physicians office.
- With paperwork and prep time, it takes about 2 hours.
- A thin laser filament is inserted into your vein like an IV.
- You might feel some unfamiliar sensation rather than pain.
Are lasers safe?
- The medical lasers we have are specifically designed to target
hemoglobin. Extreme precision is used in the design of these lasers
and for the delivery. In the hands of a skilled surgeon, lasers offer
far less risk and complications than many other medical procedures such as
How long before results are seen?
- There will be some small amount of swelling after the procedure but you
will start seeing results right away
Will insurance cover this?
- Check your policy and call them. There are many insurances that
will cover this procedure.
What's special about your vein program?
- It is run by Dr. Calvin Lee, Board Certified General Surgeon, certified
by the American Board of Surgery
- It is also run by Dr. Tammy Wu, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
- Combining the expertise of a Plastic Surgeon is crucial for the best
- We are full service vein center from stockings to ultrasound to
injections to lasers.
Dexterity exercises for a surgeon:
- The music in the background is Dr. Calvin Lee playing the Tchaikovsky Violin
Concerto in 1993.
- If you can't hear the music, you can download it
here. (it is 4 megs, MP3 format, you may have to wait a little bit).
- If you are interested in listening to the
3rd movement of the
Tchaikovsky, click here (5.5 megs, MP3).
Vein Specialist - other web pages of ours
The discussion above is about the larger veins in our legs. There's
much more to veins and vein disease. Please visit our other websites:
Vein and Vascular Education / Research by Dr. Calvin Lee, Modesto Surgeon.
- Dr. Calvin Lee studied vascular surgery and diseases with Dr. Robert
McLafferty, MD Vascular Surgeon and Program Director of national vein
conference: In Vein, from
1999 to 2003.
- Dr. Calvin Lee also worked with
Dr. Jose R.
Parra, currently assistant professor at Johns Hopkins University in
- Research by Parra, J; Lee, C; Hodgson, K; Perler B.
- Division of Vascular Surgery, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore,
MD 21287, USA. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aortic endografting has quickly been accepted as a less morbid
method of aneurysm repair. However, preservation of the aortic sac after
endografting remains a liability of this procedure. Late rupture has
occurred, albeit rarely. Graft infections are another rare complication
of endografting. We present the first reported case, to our knowledge,
of aortic rupture secondary to infection of an aortic endograft.
- PMID: 14981469 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Much more to come. Please revisit this Modesto vein web page.
While this page is still in it's "notes" phase, please visit our more
polished vein website:
Plastic Surgery] [New to Modesto?]
[Modesto Surgery] [Spider
Veins Varicose Veins] [Acupuncture
/ Alternative Medicine in Modesto] [Breast
Augmentation Resource] [Beyond Nip
Tuck] [Docs Play the Pops]
We're (The Surgical Artistry Vein Center) located next to the post office on Sylvan Ave. Modesto
Inside Dr. Tammy Wu's Plastic Surgery Center.
2336 Sylvan Ave. Ste C
Modesto CA 95355
(c) 2007 all rights reserved.
Dr. Calvin Lee, board certified
General Surgeon specializing in veins and acupuncture, formerly with the McHenry
Medical Group joined Dr. Tammy Wu, board certified Plastic Surgeon in forming
the group Surgical Artistry in July, 2006.